Friday, February 19, 2010

Frustrated Owner Bulldozes Home Ahead Of Foreclosure

Like many people, Terry Hoskins has had troubles with his bank. But his solution to foreclosure might be unique.

Hoskins said he's been in a struggle with RiverHills Bank over his Clermont County home for nearly a decade, a struggle that was coming to an end as the bank began foreclosure proceedings on his $350,000 home.

"When I see I owe $160,000 on a home valued at $350,000, and someone decides they want to take it – no, I wasn't going to stand for that, so I took it down," Hoskins said.

via Frustrated Owner Bulldozes Home Ahead Of Foreclosure - Cincinnati News Story - WLWT Cincinnati.

Okay, you can have the house back. I'm done with it now. Oh, and that $190,000 I paid already, may I ask in what building are you keeping that? Survey Results:
























Choice Votes Percentage of 9658 Votes
Good for him746277%
Not a good idea8939%
He should be prosecuted130313%

2 comments:

sciencerules said...

Now that he's destroyed much of the value in what the bank owns, he will owe even more money!

The bank doesn't care about the house. Way to cut off your nose to spite your face!

Ann said...

Yeah, but it's the principle behind the gesture that is most important in this situation.

(Not principle as related to finances, but as related to obviously popular-supported activism)