Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Latest Facebook redesign, I hate you most of all

Helen A.S. Popkin is really down on Facebook. If you don't like it, you don't have to go there. I try my best to avoid it. I know it makes people feel "connected," but I do not want to know what my friends are doing every minute of the day. I'm just not that nosy.

With Facebook, I feel like Will Smith in iRobot when his mom gets a new robot. He sees the red light and his gut is telling him that the machines are evil. That's how I feel about Facebook. I think it will rise up and attempt to destroy humanity. It is just watching us now... pretending to be helpful ... it is making plans. It will eat you. Think I'm kidding? You'll see.
The only thing constant about change is that it sucks.

For proof, look no farther than the 300 million-plus Facebook users who spent last weekend coming to terms to the social network’s latest, but certainly not last, redesign.

The Twitter-like filter-free home page everyone hated a few months back was gone, and the default feed everyone missed so much was back — sort of — though some “friends” are suspiciously absent. Now equipped with a crazy random happenstance of an algorithm, the News Feed seems to update whenever it wants, with whatever info it feels like.

There’s a “Live Feed” option, too, that seems to run in a different time zone. And now, Facebook is more all up in your business than ever before, suggesting users reconnect with estranged acquaintances and write on the walls of people they don’t even know.

No wonder Facebook users are rattled and confused. According to a statement from the company, the changes were made according to user input, though as one reader posted on Technotica’s Facebook profile, “I'd like to know who they asked that wanted these changes … I have yet to see anyone on FB who is happy with them.”

via Latest Facebook redesign, I hate you most of all - Technotica- msnbc.com.

2 comments:

Brad said...

Oh I am not the only one hating the change. Facebook's I want the old one back is 1/2 of the way there (500,000 of 1,000,000 fans).

I hate how you have to constantly refresh really annoying.

Latest Facebook redesign | Shak's Blog said...

[...] Latest Facebook redesign, I hate you most of all « Xenophilia … Share this on FacebookPost this to MySpaceShare this on LinkedinTweet This!Share this on del.icio.usStumble upon something good? Share it on StumbleUponDigg this!Add this to Google BookmarksShare this on RedditBuzz up!Share this on TechnoratiSubmit this to Script & StyleShare this on MixxSubscribe to the comments for this post? [...]