Sunday, March 22, 2009

'He really is dead': Son takes his father's ashes to the doctor to stop endless appointment reminders

Son takes dad's ashes to the doctorA son got so fed up with hospital staff sending letters to his dead father that he took the ashes to an appointment.

Andrew Wild, 44, received more than 20 reminders asking his father Peter to attend kidney clinics at the University Hospital of North Staffordshire – despite repeatedly telling them he had died in 2007 – so he took the urn to one of his own appointments.

He said: ‘The consultant asked how I was feeling. I said I was OK, then produced dad’s ashes and asked, “But what can you do for him?”

‘He was gobsmacked. I know it was morbid but I couldn’t think of what else to do.’

The hospital has apologised.

via 'He really is dead': Son takes his father's ashes to the doctor to stop endless appointment reminders | Mail Online.

No comments: