Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Screen Actors Guild Awards: And the SAG Award winners are...


Meryl Streep



Meryl Streep reacting after winning the award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role for "Doubt" at the 15th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards in Los Angeles January 25, 2009.Accepting the award, Meryl – who wore black trousers to the ceremony - said: “I didn't even buy a dress. I'm really, really shocked.Meryl said: "There is no such thing as the best actress. There is no such thing as the greatest living actress. I am in a position where I have secret information that I know this to be true. I am so in awe of the work of the women this year – nominated, not nominated – so proud of us girls. Everybody wins when we get parts like this”Sean Penn was named Best Actor for his role in ‘Milk’ - which tells the story of Harvey Milk, California's first openly gay elected official - and took the opportunity to talk about how important the movie is to him.

He said: “As actors, we don't play gay/straight, we play human beings. This is a story about equal rights for all human beings.”

The cast of ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ – made by British director Danny Boyle – won the Outstanding Cast prize, which is seen as a foreshadow of the prestigious Best Picture awards at the Oscars.

via Screen Actors Guild Awards: And the SAG Award winners are... - Nachrichten English-News - WELT ONLINE.

I didn't see Milk, but I saw Doubt with my friend Ricky Berger, at Ricky's suggestion. Ambiguity is a form of energy and in this movie Streep plays a character which after a full length movie it is impossible to tell if she is a crazy villain or an intuitive hero.

No comments: