Friday, January 30, 2009

Hospital calls in exorcist after ghost spotted

Staff at Derby's new City General, soon to be renamed the Royal Hospital, which is built on the original City General site, claim a black-clad figure wearing a cloak is stalking the corridors and wards. Senior manager Debbie Butler has now reportedly briefed the terrified employees via email, explaining that they have hired an exorcist to come and rid the £334 million hospital of their unwanted visitor.

She explained: "I'm not sure how many of you are aware that some members of staff have reported seeing a ghost. "I'm taking it seriously as the last thing I want is staff feeling uneasy."

She added: "I don't want to scare anyone any more than necessary, but felt it was best I made you all aware of the situation and what we are doing about it. "I've spoken to the Trust's chaplain and she is going to arrange for someone from the cathedral to exorcise the department."

One source told The Sun: "There have been dozens of sightings over recent weeks and people are scared witless. "Several have seen a male figure cloaked from had to toe in black darting between rooms and through walls - especially in departments near the morgue.

"It's affected morale so much that bosses decided they had to act."

The Catholic Church only uses exorcism as a last resort and the ritual must be pre-approved by a bishop. A spokesman for the Bishop of Derby said: "Any case such as this is put to the Bishop. "He would seek proper advice before taking action."

One theory is the figure could be the ghost of a Roman soldier killed on the spot where the original hospital was built in the 1920s. Developers ignored protests covering over part of one of Ancient Britain's main Roman Roads.

via Hospital calls in exorcist after ghost spotted - Telegraph.

See Black-Cloaked Entity, and here is another from Sacramento. I was just talking with someone last night about ghosts and the fact that I don't believe in them. I have seen one working late at night at my job, but to this day I assume it was a janitor in my peripheral vision. I assume I just got my brain wires crossed about which way it went, because when I went to check behind the door with no other exits, nothing was there.

1 comment:

bobby smith said...

is it true that there was a ghost in the hospetal and they call for a exertes