Monday, November 24, 2008

Cannibal call not a hoax say TFM bosses

A RADIO station has denied presenter Graham Mack's discussion with a former cannibal are part of a bold publicity stunt. Listeners to TFM were left in shock after a caller admitted live on air that she was once an unwitting cannibal.

The woman, known only as Anthea from Guisborough, rang up the Breakfast Show after DJ Graham Mack asked listeners about the most unusual thing they had eaten.

The topic sparked a flurry of calls from Teessiders who had eaten sea urchins, monkey brains and play doh. But nothing prepared him for Anthea who calmly said: “I’ve eaten human being”. A shocked Mr Mack replied slowly: “Oh my goodness. Right, all bets are off. You can’t beat that. How come you were a cannibal?”

She answered: “It was when I was a child when I lived in Africa. We always went to the same butcher and then suddenly ... the meat started to get so much better. It was only when we moved back to England ... that we realised that the butcher had been arrested because he farmed [humans] ... Anthea said her mother had no idea why the meat had improved. “We didn’t know at the time,” she said. “According to my mum it was very delicious but not very nice.”

Mr Mack said: “I don’t even know what to say. I had no idea we would get this call this morning. Wow.” Producer Matt Bailey said Monday’s call was one of the strangest they ever had. He said: “We were all in shock.” Mr Bailey denied it was a publicity stunt, saying: “She would have no reason to be making something like this up. She seemed like a thoroughly reputable woman.” - gluk

Gross. Would you resort to cannibalism for survival? I couldn't eat a person. I won't even eat a cow. Or a pig. Artificial bacon tastes good enough for me. Besides, if you eat uncooked pork, you might get a worm in your brain like the woman in Arizona.

No comments: