Saturday, April 8, 2006

Xeno’s Perfect Pitch Ear Training Course Lesson 3

Now that you've spent time learning your open guitar strings in previous lessons, it is time to take a quiz. Visit this page http://www.good-ear.com/servlet/EarTrainer and click on Perfect Pitch on the left menu. Be sure you have javascript enabled. The first exercise tests your ability to identify C, D and E. C will sound new since you haven't been training on it, and you may already have the sound of E and D in your head. Different octaves are given. It seems to go on and on. I got 95 out of 100 and stoped at 101 with C, D and E. At 101 switched to C, D, E, F & G and did 100 more. By 200 my score was 175 out of 200. Then switched to entire C scale, and by 300 I had only 237 guessed right. When I switched to chromatic, forget about. I think I was getting most of the notes right by comparing to the previous note. See how you do. Have fun!

No comments: