Sunday, April 30, 2006

Private: Appreciating Life

My dad said something I liked: Never ask "Why did this happen to me?". Ask instead, "Why did this happen for me?" teachergirl.jpg If my last relationship had not ended in just the way it did, I would not now be volunteering, taking classes, getting out to see live music, and so on. Fun weekend! I hung out with sweet friends who cooked me dinner. After a sad good bye they drove off into the sunset and I went to get some new shoes & sheets... then saw the movie "RV" with Robin Williams (I wasn't impressed). Sunday night I went to the Loaves & Fishes benefit at the Fox and Goose in Sacramento. There I ran into some old friends and made some new ones. I got to catch up with Anton Barbeau about his adventures in the UK and I ran into Solomon McCrea. Solomon has been getting into Chess so I had him play the chess game on my cell phone and he won easily. We agreed to play a real game sometime, but I'll need a lot more practice to be able to challenge him. The music of Deluxe was some of my favorite that night. I felt really lucky to meet and chat with Katrina Skalland of Deluxe. ( What a voice! ) Dave Middleton, who played guitar for one show with Xenophilia at the Raddison, is in Deluxe now. I didn't know this so it was a fun surprise when I realized who he was. The benefit was a success and raised over $400. Pics:
sleepytime.jpgoldsacto.jpgfgbenefit1.jpgfgbenefit2.jpgfriendsrock.jpggettingbetterallthetime.jpgfgbenefit8.jpgfgbenefit7.jpg

No comments: